We strive to meet your individual needs by offering self pay, insurance, and sliding fee scale options. We accept cash, checks, and credit cards.
What are your self pay rates?
Session rates are set individually by each provider. These are discounted as time-of-service rates.
Erin Ballard, LMFT: First Session–Intake/Assessment 60 min ($165) | Individual Therapy 45 min ($120) | Individual Therapy 60 min ($135) | Family/Couples Therapy 45 min ($150) | Prepare-Enrich Consultation ($100)
Erin Healy, LMFT: First Session–Intake/Assessment 60 min ($150) | Individual Therapy 45 min ($120) | Individual Therapy 60 min ($130) | Family/Couples Therapy 45 min ($135)
Claire Harward, LMFT: First Session–Intake/Assessment 60 min ($140) | Individual Therapy 45 min ($100) | Individual Therapy 60 min ($115) | Family/Couples Therapy 45 min ($130)
Desire’e Marion, LMFT: First Session–Intake/Assessment 60 min ($165) | Individual Therapy 45 min ($120) | Individual Therapy 60 min ($130) | Family/Couples Therapy 45 min ($150)
Molly Willett, LMFTA: First Session–Intake/Assessment 60 min ($150) | Individual Therapy 45 min ($110) | Individual Therapy 60 min ($130) | Family/Couples Therapy 45 min ($130) | Prepare-Enrich Consultation ($100)
Laura Bishop, LCMHCA : First Session– Intake/Assessment 60 min ($150) | Individual/Couple/Family Therapy 60 min ($120) | Individual/Couple/Family Therapy 45 min ($100)
Annie Ford, LMFTA : First Session– Intake/Assessment 60 min ($135) | Individual Therapy 45 min ($100) | Individual Therapy 60 min ($110) | Family/Couples Therapy 45 min ($115)
Ca’ren Hudson, LMFTA: First Session– Intake/Assessment 60 min ($135) | Individual Therapy 60 min ($110) | Family/Couples Therapy 50 min ($115)
Claire Edgington, LMFTA: First Session– Intake/Assessment 60 min ($135) | Individual Therapy 45 min ($100) | Individual Therapy 60 min ($110) | Family/Couples Therapy 45 min ($115)
Interns (Molly Cummings; Jared Polatis): First Session–Intake/Assessment 60 min ($20) | Individual/Couple/Family Therapy 50 min ($20-$60)
Do you offer reduced rates?
Our clinical interns offer low cost services as they work under supervision to accrue their training hours. Further, each licensed therapist offers reduced fee or sliding fee slots, though these slots are limited. Please contact you preferred therapist directly to inquire about any sliding fee slots they have available.
What do you charge for telehealth/virtual appointments?
Our telehealth rates are the same as office rates.
What insurance do you accept?
Blue Cross and Blue Shield (BCBS).
All of our licensed therapists are in-network with BCBS. This includes all PPO plans, Blue Options, and Blue Advantage plans. *This does NOT include Blue Value, Blue Local, Blue Home or Blue Medicare plans.
Our licensed clinicians are out-of-network with all other insurance plans. We will submit claims for you (when able), or will provide you with a Super Bill that you can submit to your insurance provider in order to use your out-of-network benefits.
Does my insurance cover all services at FSWC?
- Your counseling is usually covered if you meet criteria for a mental health diagnosis and have a treatment plan guiding your counseling services
- Your insurance may or may not cover parent sessions or family sessions where you are not present (i.e. if you are attending family therapy with your partner and your partner attends a one-on-one appointment)
- Your insurance may or may not cover virtual appointments, as some plans require you to receive services through an insurance-specific portal (i.e. MD Live, Teledoc, etc).
- The Prepare-Enrich Assessment does not require a diagnosis and is not considered therapy; therefore this is a non-covered service by your insurance company
- Your insurance will not cover appointments that you do not attend; therefore your are responsible for the full late cancelation or no-show fee
- Your insurance may not initially cover your sessions if you are covered by more than one insurance where we are out of network with your primary insurance. In this case, you will need to file claims with your primary insurance before you can file claims with your secondary insurance.
How much do I pay if I use my insurance?
- Your coverage depends on the plan you’ve selected. You will want to review your plan to see what your mental health coverage is for Individual and Family Therapy.
- Calling the mental health line on the back of your card can help clarify your coverage. Some helpful questions to ask are:
- What is my coverage for mental health counseling/ out-patient counseling for individual and family therapy?
- Do I have a copay?
- Do I have a deductible?
- What is my deductible?
- How much does insurance cover/pay for in-network versus out-of-network providers?
- How many therapy sessions does my plan cover?
- Does my plan cover telehealth services from all providers who do I have to go through a specific portal (i.e. MDLive)?
Do you charge for missed appointments?
Yes. When scheduling, you reserve an hour of your therapists time that is then unavailable to other clients. As a result, you are responsible for paying for any appointment canceled or rescheduled with less than 24-hour notice. After 10 minutes, your appointment is considered a no-show and will need to be re-scheduled.
- Late Cancellation $85
- No-Shows: $100
- Late Cancellation or No-Show with Intern: $10
Sorry, but there are no exceptions to this. Payments for missed appointments or late cancellations are normally collected with your credit card on file (and no later than at the next visit). Please note that missed appointments or late cancellations are not reimbursable by insurance.
If I need to cancel, how can I do so without a fee?
When you reserve your appointment time, we will use your preferred e-mail to send an immediate confirmation. You will also receive e-mail reminders 2 days prior to the session and 26 hours prior to the session in order to allow you time to cancel before the 24 hour late-cancelation window. Using either of these e-mails, you can cancel or reschedule your appointment without any financial responsibility. Please check to make sure you get the confirmation email for your canceled or rescheduled appointment, to ensure it went through correctly.
If you are unable to cancel with at least 24 hours notice, please contact your therapist directly to notify them of your need to late-cancel in order to prevent a no-show fee.
What is a Good Faith Estimate (GFE)?
- You have the right to receive a Good Faith Estimate for the total expected cost of any non-emergency items or services. This includes related costs like medical tests, prescription drugs, equipment, and hospital fees.
- Make sure your health care provider gives you a Good Faith Estimate in writing at least 1 business day before your medical service or item. You can also ask your health care provider, and any other provider you choose, for a Good Faith Estimate before you schedule an item or service.
- If you receive a bill that is at least $400 more than your Good Faith Estimate, you can dispute the bill.
- Make sure to save a copy or picture of your Good Faith Estimate.
For questions or more information about your right to a Good Faith Estimate, visit www.cms.gov/nosurprises or call 1-877-696-6775.